Make your family and friends smile! Great way to start the day!
Combine together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a large-sized bowl.
Make a well in the centre and add the milk, slightly cooled melted butter, vanilla and egg. Use a wire whisk to whisk the wet ingredients together first before slowly folding them into the dry ingredients.
Mix together until smooth (Okay if it’s a bit lumpy).
Set the batter aside and allow to rest while heating up your pan.
Heat a nonstick pan or griddle over low-medium heat and wipe over with a little butter to lightly grease pan. Pour ¼ cup of batter onto the pan and spread out gently into a round shape with the back of your ladle or measuring cup.
When the underside is golden and bubbles begin to appear on the surface, flip with a spatula and cook until golden. Repeat with remaining batter.
- Serve with butter, syrup, fruit or powdered sugar.
- 2 cups (2 pouches) GOOD MEASURES all-purpose flour
- GLUTEN FREE OPTION: replace regular flour with 2 cups (2 pouches) GOOD MEASURES GLUTEN FREE all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups milk (plus up to 1/4 cup extra if needed)
- 1/4 cup butter , melted
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 large egg